08 October 2007

Online Classes

SCORE has teamed up with The Small Business Center to offer some online classes. Two in particular caught my eye; Planning your advertising and Can you afford to start a business.

The courses have been geared to low speed intenet connections, like mine. Not a lot of flash animation and lots of text rather than graphics. And, they allow you to enter answers and thoughts, which are saved on-line for your later reference.

I took the Advertising course. No cost involved other than about 1 hour of my time.

The couse got me thinking about internet advertising. While I was looking at a local Austin ratecard I ran across the term CPM. In context CPM stands for Cost Per Mille (i.e. 1,000). Looking that up, I found an interesting site for reference and glossary called NET-ADS. I've added a link to our library in the left column.

No comments: